DAY 1 LOS ANGELES
We depart from our local International Airport for our journey to Greece.
- Dinner and breakfast will be served on flight.
DAY 2 THESSALONIKI
We arrival in Thessalonika; a city that is over 2300 years old!
- It was built in 316 BC by Kassandros, the Macedonian King, and was named after his wife, Thessalonika the sister of Alexander the Great.
- It was here that Paul wrote his letter to the Thessalonians.
- Later the city flourished under the Byzantine Empire.
- Our tour includes the Roman Market, theatre and baths, Arch of Galerius, the City walls, Chain Tower and Citadel, the white tower, Byzantine churches, the cave and well of the Apostle Paul, House of Jason, Monastery of Vlattadon, Aristotle’s Square, and statue of Alexander the Great.
- We also visit the archaeological museum with the treasures of Vergina.
- Dinner and overnight in Thessalonika. D
DAY 3 THESSALONIKI/NEAPOLIS/PHILIPPI
Today we visit the beautiful town of Kavala, called Neapolis in the days of Paul (Acts 16: 11).
- From here continue to the site of ancient Philippi where Paul wrote the letter to the Philippians, started to preach the word of God to the nations, and baptized the first Christian on European soil.
- We see the Baptistry of Lydia, the ancient theater and visit the place where Paul was flogged and imprisoned.
- Dinner and overnight in Thessalonika. B,D
DAY 4 BEREA/KALAMBAKA
We drive to Veria (ancient Berea), where the Christian congregations were devoted to Paul’s works.
- We stop for a visit at the monument dedicated to the Apostle.
- Then we continue to Kalambaka to visit the famous monasteries.
- Perched atop soaring cliffs, gigantic rocks have been etched by time into a variety of shapes rooted deeply in the ground yet completely isolated from the world around them.
- The Monasteries with their wooden galleries and corniced rooftops hang precariously over the breath-taking abysses, with the Pindus range at their back.
- We return to Kalambaka, for dinner and overnight. B,D
DAY 5 ATHENS/DELPHI
After breakfast we depart …
- We drive through the mountainous Greek countryside arriving in Delphi, the center of the ancient world – the “Omphalos” (“Naval – of the Earth”) whose prestige extended far beyond the boundaries of the Hellenic universe.
- On the slopes of Mount Parnassus, a landscape of unparalleled beauty and majesty lay the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo pythios.
- We visit the treasury of the Athenians, the temple of Apollo and the museum containing such masterpieces of ancient Greek sculpture as the bronze Charioteer and the famous athlete Aghias.
- We continue to Athens for dinner and over-night. B,D
DAY 6 ATHENS
City sightseeing includes …
- A visit to the world-renowned Acropolis, with the ruins of the Parthenon, Erechteum and Propylea.
- Then, we ascend Mars Hill, where Paul preached (Acts 17:16, 22).
- Also, view the Agora (ancient market place, and former center of Athenian public life), the House of Parliament, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Presidential Palace.
- We then Depart for Corinth with a brief stop at the Corinth Canal, which separates Peloponnese from the Greek mainland and connects the two seas (Ionian and Aegean). Later visit Corinth which was home for Paul for eighteen months.
- We visit the Archaeological Museum, the Bema, the Market Place and the Temples.
- From the Bema at Corinth, Paul spoke to the Corinthians about our Lord and Savior Christ.
- Return to Athens for dinner and overnight at our hotel. B,L,D
DAY 7 ATHENS
Today we have a FULL DAY OF LEISURE to pursue personal interests.
- Perhaps a visit to the Plaka to shop or eat in one of the many fine restaurants. B,D
DAY 8 LOS ANGELES
Today our journey ends with good memories as we bid farewell to our new Greek friends.
- We are transferred to Athens airport for our flight home.
- Arrival the same day. B
OPTIONAL CRUISE EXTENSION
DAY 8 MYKONOS
Transfer to the port of Piraeus for embarkation on our cruise ship.
- Enjoy the many shipboard activities or just relax while sailing to the Island of Mykonos with its jet-set atmosphere, whitewashed buildings, sidewalk cafes, 360 churches and chic shops.
- Here we will see the Archeological Museum and Temples. B,L,D
DAY 9 EPHESUS/PATMOS
This morning we arrive in Ephesus …
- We visit the “Seventh Wonder of the Ancient World.”
- It is here Paul spent many years and wrote his Letter to the Ephesians.
- We continue on to visit the Monastery of John built over his grave.
- Then sail to the Island of Patmos and visit the Monastery of St John the Divine.
- It is here John wrote the Book of Revelation. (B,L,D)
DAY 10 CRETE/SANTORINI
We arrive in Crete …
- Where Paul and Titus visited in support of the Early Church.
- We will have time to visit the fantastic ruins before sailing to Santorini one of the most beautiful islands in the Mediterranean.
- There will be time to walk the cobble streets. B,L,D
DAY 11 ATHENS TO LOS ANGELES
Today we disembark …
- We are transferred to the airport for our flight home.
- Arrival home the same day. B
To Learn More and Register …
- Check out our Israel and Beyond Faith Trips with Doc Smith page and comment on a post about your interest
- Message Doc on Messenger with this link
- Comment on this post below
- Download the registration and itinerary by clicking here
- Contact Doc Smith for details and a registration form at: transformedpodcast-at-gmail.com (replace -at- with @)
*(B,L,D) = Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner