5 Clear Scriptures Concerning Abandoning God
Reviewing the Word of God from Cover-to-Cover Recently We Discovered the Following
- When Judah defiled God’s land and made His heritage an abomination, when their priests ignored the Lord and their theologians didn’t know Him, when their kings transgressed God’s commands and their prophets prophesied by false gods, it brought about their nation’s destruction through their abandonment of Yahweh (Jeremiah 2:7-8, MEV)
- When Judah abandoned Yahweh by changing their gods and changing their glory (God), their nation became desolate, destroyed, and captive (Jeremiah 2:9-12, MEV)
- Because the nation Judah abandoned Yahweh their King Ahaz was given into hands of Arameans (2 Chronicles 28:1-5, MEV)
- Those who abandon Yahweh will live a cursed, desolate life much like a bush in a desert (Jeremiah 17:5-6, MEV)
- Because he abandoned Yahweh, within two years Yahweh sent invasion upon King Rehoboam (2 Chronicles 12:1-5, MEV)
It is clear from these few scriptures that to abandon God can lead to serious consequences. Let us continue to serve and love God with all of our hearts! He truly benefits us with amazing goodness, as Psalm 1 tells us!
You can join us for 21 Days! A time of prayer and fasting for 2020: Our Year of Expansion! It will help you stay close to God!